Saturday's bike trip
Today is a Wednesday. But I am writing a post about a Saturday. My excuse is - I did not have much time during the weekend. Then I got cold.
Now I feel a little bit better. Let’s use this opportunity.
So. Saturday I decided to go on a longer bike trip. These are approximate directions: link to Google Maps
The total length around 30km. A lot of hills. Unknown suburbs.
It took me 3 hours to complete the distance. Although, I did not try to go fast. My goal was to explore.
Some learnings from the trip:
- Road bike sucks. I really have to switch to mountain bike.
- There are snakes in the Sydney area - saw my first wild snake in AU. I want to believe it was non-venomous python. Big one. More than a 1 meter long. Just lying near the highway.
- 1 liter of water is not enough. Next time I should take more water with me.
- I need a helmet with a visor. Sun is killing me!
- It is possible to navigate using only voice directions from Google Maps.
Some photos from the trip: my instagram